The online catalog includes the most recent changes to courses and degree requirements that have been approved by the Faculty Senate, including changes that are not yet effective.
Wine and Beverage Business Management
Please see the Carson College of Business section of this Catalog for additional instructions and timeline for certification into a minor. To be eligible to apply for certification in the wine and beverage business management (WBBM) minor, students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be certified in a major
- WSU cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 and not on academic probation
The minor in wine and business management requires a minimum of 19 credits of coursework including:
- ACCTG 230
- FRENCH 420
- HBM 231, 350, 358, and 490
- MKTG 360
- Students must maintain an overall GPA of at least 2.50 in WBBM minor courses.
- A minimum of 9 credits of upper-division coursework must be taken in residence at WSU or though WSU-approved education abroad or educational exchange courses.
- Up to 6 hours may be transferred from another institution.
Students must ensure that they meet all course prerequisites before enrolling in any College of Business courses.
In addition, students must complete 400 hours of internship/industry experience to earn the minor. In order for hours to count for the requirement, they must meet the following criteria:
- Hours must be worked after high-school graduation;
- All hours must be documented as paid;
- Hours must be worked at a company whose primary source of revenue is derived from hospitality services; and
- The employer evaluation for the hours must reflect an average of 80% across the ratings criteria on the form.