The online catalog includes the most recent changes to courses and degree requirements that have been approved by the Faculty Senate, including changes that are not yet effective.
Hospitality Business Management
Please see the Carson College of Business section of this Catalog for additional instructions and timeline for certification into a minor. To be eligible to apply for certification in the hospitality business management (HBM) minor, students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be certified in a major
- WSU cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 and not on academic probation
The minor in hospitality business management requires a minimum of 19 credits of coursework, including:
- ACCTG 230
- HBM 101 or 401
- 9 credits of upper-division HBM courses (excluding 498 and 499 courses)
- 6 credits of College of Business courses at any level
- Students must maintain an overall GPA of at least 2.50 in courses required for the HBM major.
- A minimum of 9 credits of upper-division coursework must be taken in residence at WSU or though WSU-approved education abroad or educational exchange courses.
- Up to 6 credits may be transferred from another institution.
Students must ensure that they meet all course prerequisites before enrolling in any College of Business courses.
In addition, students must complete 400 hours of internship/industry experience to earn the minor. In order for hours to count for the requirement, they must meet the following criteria:
- Hours must be worked after high-school graduation;
- All hours must be documented as paid;
- Hours must be worked at a company whose primary source of revenue is derived from hospitality services; and
- The employer evaluation for the hours must reflect an average of 80% across the ratings criteria on the form.